Have you been making your daily tasks and routines fun? You can create all kinds of games to make cleaning fun.
For instance, it’s Friday, and your house might have more than one area that needs to be straightened up. Write down the names of these areas on pieces of paper. Draw out one at a time, and have a game of Freeze Tag. Whatever area you call out, everyone goes to that room and does a 15 minute Room Rescue. If you beat the clock, then you get to play until the timer goes off.
Get a drink of water and draw another slip of paper. Repeat the game until you have 4 areas decluttered and straightened. By having these rooms picked up, you are ready for an enjoyable weekend without worrying about these areas.
Doing your Home Blessings will go much faster if your rooms are picked up and maintained.
You can change the game around from week to week. You can have a Clue Game and have them guess the room that they are going to rescue. I have a game spinner app on my phone, and I spin the wheel. I have set up the pieces of the wheel to reflect the 5 Zones of the house.
You can make it fun! Send me your best game ideas!
Have a great weekend!
Weekly Home Blessing: Take out the Trash, Sweep, and Mop
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have a fun day!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Loving movement for 15 Minutes
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour