Friday is my planning day for the next week. This is the day I do a final check of the boys’ school work and plan the lessons we will cover in the next week. If I need library books, I put that down on my errand list because I do errands on Friday, too.
Menu planning is also a part of my Friday planning process. I check the pantry, freezer, and fridge. Then I start making a list of menu ideas. I will consult with my husband and sons for ideas on foods they would like to have. Many times I do a simple meal rotation if I know we will have a busy week.
Bill paying is also done on Fridays. I file our bills by the date they are due when they come in the mail, and then I pay bills on Friday.
Finally, I check the calendar for upcoming birthdays and anniversaries. I add cards and gifts to my errand list as needed at this point.
While I am doing this part of my week, the boys are gathering trash, taking it off, sweeping, and mopping.
When we are done, we go on our errands. Some weeks I go alone on my errands, and some weeks the boys join me.
Let’s finish up the week in our bedrooms and clean under the beds.
Have a great weekend!
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have a fun day!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Loving movement for 15 Minutes
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour