Decluttering can help you maintain a safe home. Not only does getting rid of clutter help make you home safer, it also helps when you declutter and dispose of expired products.
Did you know that your cosmetics and your medications both have expiration dates? Today, I want you to spend 15 minutes decluttering your medicine cabinet. Check expiration labels. Find a safe way to dispose of expired medications. Because I have done in home health care, I learned that I can use kitty litter, a little water, and a plastic bag to dispose of expired medications.
First, I collect the expired medications. Then, I get out the kitty litter, water, and a trash bag. I usually do this in the bathroom sink. I just open the trash bag up and place it in the sink. Then I add kitty litter, dump the expired medication, pour water over it, and then put a little more kitty litter on it. I close the bag well and mix the stuff in the bag. Then, I just put this in the regular trash.
The water and kitty litter break down the medications. This is a safer method of disposal than just putting them in the trash or flushing them down the toilet. We live in the country and have a septic tank, so I am cautious about what goes into the septic tank.
Check your cosmetics, too. Dispose of any that have expired. You are going to enjoy your decluttered bathroom!
Have a great day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Wipe Windows and Mirrors
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Get out some art supplies and be creative with your children.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour