Are you regularly having family fun days? By doing Home Blessings and decluttering during the week, we have our Saturdays free to do fun things as a family. I am writing this on a snowy Saturday, and my family is having a family fun day in the snow. I will get out and play in the snow with my boys. Living in the South, we don’t get a lot of snow, so this is a treat for us.
We do other fun things on Saturday, too. We have gone fishing, hiking, picnicing, and more. When the weather is not pleasant to be outside, we have family game day. We watch movies and eat popcorn. There are many ways to have fun as a family and make memories.
Our children will remember these times with us. Think back on your childhood. Do you have fun memories? Do you have memories of cleaning house all day on Saturday?
During our Christmas break, I played a board game with my youngest two boys every night, and I am continuing that with them. Everyone in the house is invited to join in the fun, but the two youngest are the most interested. We are playing games that I have played with my older ones in years past. It’s fun introducing them to the games.
We get to be too task-oriented, and we need to remember to schedule in fun with our family, too.
Have a great weekend!
Weekly Home Blessing: Take out the Trash, Sweep, and Mop
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have a fun day!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Loving movement for 15 Minutes
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour