As a new calendar sits in front of you, look back at last year’s calendar. What appointments do you already have on the calendar? What appointments do you need to make?
When I am setting appointments, I try to keep them on one day in the week. This will vary from person to person. I like to schedule appointments on Wednesdays when possible. This is the day of the week when it does the least interrupting on our school week. I do not make appointments on Monday when possible because that does derail the start of my school week.
If you have homeschooled very long, you have probably realized that a morning appointment can mean a lost school day. It takes discipline to go home after an appointment and do school for the day. Some days, I try to make the appointment late enough in the day that we can do math and language arts before we leave the house. When I had lots of little children, that still did not always work. We did good to make it to the appointment and back home for a nap. Some of you can relate to that!
Now, I just allow myself a certain number of days off each year for appointments. Be assertive when scheduling appointments. Many offices like the fact that homeschoolers can come to appointments during the day, but make them when it works best for your schedule.
Have a wonderful day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Declutter Paper/Magazines
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Play a game with your children
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour