Many times we do not encourage creativity in our children because we are afraid of the messes that often come with creativity. I want to encourage you to let your children create artful masterpieces. Let them paint, use glue, use scissors (with supervision, of course), use markers, and more. They will make messes, and they will learn a lot. It is worth cleaning up a few messes to let them express their creative side. You don’t have to offer arts and crafts every day, but it is nice if they can do arts and crafts once or twice a week. This time of year, we often spend more time indoors because of the cold weather. Use this as a time to do arts and crafts with your children. It will stimulate different parts of their brains. Remember that they can be washed up, so let them have fun!
Tell me how your routines are going this week. Are you getting things back into a regular daily schedule? It’s hard after a break to get things moving along again. Keep at it!
Have a great day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Wipe Windows and Mirrors
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Get out some art supplies and be creative with your children.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour