It’s easy to start a unit study. Pick a topic. Choose some books and activities. If you need activity ideas, a quick Internet search can help you out. One year, I decided to study earth science with the boys to go along with a field trip to a large science center. We read about the layers of the earth, volcanoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, and more. We watched videos. We drew diagrams. Then, we went on our field trip. All of these activities were more fun than just reading about earth science. We erupted a volcano in the front yard using baking soda and vinegar. They will never forget the experience!
History can be just a engaging to study hands on because you can do so many re-enactments when you study history. We have made costumes, castles, written plays, and gone on field trips to experience history. It is not a dry and boring subject at all.
Talk to your children and pick something fun to study to add to your school. You might find that you enjoy learning this way alongside your children. I have!
Zone Mission: Declutter your Entryway
Weekly Home Blessings of the Day: Quick Dust and Vacuum
Menu Plan for Tuesday: Beef Stew with vegetables and a side salad
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Spend 15 minutes loving movement.
School: Consider a fun topic to study
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour