We started the school year all bright and shiny. We ordered books. We got papers, notebooks, and pens. We gathered art materials. We enjoyed gathering these materials. Then reality set in as we started using some of the materials. Some of the things we bought so excitedly just did not work out for our homeschool. Because we spent money on it, we feel obligated to keep it. Today, I am giving you a free pass from guilt. I want you to look at your homeschool materials. Do you have books that are taking up valuable real estate in your home? Make a stack of these items. Some of them you may be able to resell. Lot of people decide to start homeschooling during their child’s Christmas break. Some of the books you can give to another homeschooler. Just because the materials did not work for your children does not mean they won’t work for someone else. Put a note out to your local homeschool mom’s group. You can bless someone else with your abundance.
Take a look at your paper collection from the year. Let some of it go! You do not need it all.
Have a great day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Wipe Windows and Mirrors
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Sort through your books and papers and declutter
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour