The day after a Holiday can be a let down. You prepare for a Holiday celebration, and you enjoy celebrating with your family. Then everyone goes back to their homes and their normal lives. The good news is that we have another Holiday to prepare for, so we can change gears today to start getting ready for Christmas.
While many of you might be planning Holiday shopping today, there are many of us who are home and back to doing our routines. Our routines are the backbone of our family. Our routines bring peace. Children and adults love routines. We need routines to help us with laundry, cooking, cleaning, sleeping, and more.
It helps when we take time to plan a menu and grocery shop. This saves time and money. It is also better for our health to cook at home versus eating out or picking up take out food.
By keeping the laundry routine going, we have clean clothes and aren’t scrambling to put together outfits.
By having a schedule for Home Blessings, our homes are cleaned regularly. This brings peace to our homes.
By having a bedtime, everyone in the house gets adequate rest and feels better. This gives an overall feeling of happiness in the house when everyone has had enough sleep.
Today’s zone mission is to clean under your bed. Declutter some of the stuff you have stored under there and sweep or vacuum under your bed.
Weekly Home Blessing: Take out the trash, Sweep, and Mop
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Round up this week’s paper. File what needs to be file. Purge what needs to go away. Check your lesson plans for next week.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Loving movement for 15 Minutes
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour