Today’s mission is meant to be short and sweet. Keep that in mind when you start. I want you to use your timer because you are going to want to dig in deeper than you should for one day. I want you to declutter your dresser drawers for 15 minutes. I don’t want you to dump your drawers, and if you only get through one drawer or even part of it, that is progress. You will keep at it each month, and it will go faster and faster until you can check all of your drawers and declutter in 15 minutes for all of them. But if you have neglected your drawers, and they are full, it is going to take time and persistence. Your goal is to have drawers that open and close easily, so you can put your folded laundry away in minutes. I have done this for many years, and I still find things to declutter each month. Sometimes I only get rid of a few things, but it keeps my folded clothing manageable.
If you have children at home, you can also do this with them, but use the same principles.Only do this for 15 minutes. You can go back another day if their drawers are overfull and messy. Your goal for them is the same as yours. You want them to be able to put their folded clothes away easily. No one wants to continually live out of the dryer and laundry baskets. You can make it fun with the timer and some music.
Have a great day!
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Declutter Paper, Magazines, or Newspapers for 10 minutes anywhere in the house.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Do a fun hands on science experiment today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- 15 minutes of loving movement
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour