In Western North Carolina, we have finally had some cooler days, and that has caused me to start switching my clothes around from hot, summer clothes to cool, fall clothes. While I am doing this, I am decluttering. If I did not wear something this summer, I decide why I didn’t wear it. If I can’t come up with a valid reason to keep it, I put it in my basket to donate. I also do this in small steps with the boys. Most of the time, we are decluttering their clothes because they have outgrown them. I also take this time to declutter worn out shoes. I just want you to spend 15 minutes today decluttering in your closet. I do not want you to dump it all out. Just start and work for 15 minutes. This can be done once a day until you have your closet switched over to a new season.
Zone Mission: Declutter in your closet for 15 minutes
Weekly Home Blessing Task: Windows and Mirrors (I use my FlyLady purple cloths for this and no chemicals.)
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- 15 minutes of loving movement.
School: Don’t forget to do the fun stuff in your school day. Get out the crafts!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour