Happy Friday! Let’s finish the week and our zone missions strong! Today let’s wipe out the microwave and wipe down the stove top. Both of these areas tend to have food spills or overflows, especially if your children help in the kitchen. I have found that hot water with a squeeze of lemon and my FlyLady purple cloth will cut through food and grease. I microwave the water in a coffee cup, and the steam loosens up any dried on food particles. I add lemon juice and dip my cloth in the water. I am careful to not get the water too hot. So be careful if you do this method. A couple of swipes of the microwave, and I am done. I rinse the cloth and dip it in the lemon water again. Then, I wipe the stove top and the hood over the stove. By doing this regularly, I don’t have a lot of food or grease build up. The whole process takes me less than 15 minutes.
Enjoy your clean and tidy kitchen!
Weekly Home Blessing: Take out the trash, Sweep, and Mop.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Round up this week’s paper. File what needs to be file. Purge what needs to go away. Check your lesson plans for next week.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Loving movement for 15 Minutes
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour