How does your laundry room look? Is is a catch all for clothes, shoes, blankets, and more? Let’s spend 15 minutes today decluttering the laundry room. In my house, it is a well-used room. I do 2 to 3 loads of laundry a day. I like to keep it decluttered, so it is easy to do my laundry. We put our clothes away daily, so the piles do not grow continually. The boys are so used to this routine that I don’t have to remind them often to put their laundry away. I do not have space to store many items other than the washer and dryer, so I don’t have a lot of extra stuff in my laundry room. I have a high shelf for cleaning supplies, and I have a low shelf for fabric softener and detergent and a box of light bulbs. I am pretty minimalist in the laundry room because I want it functional. I do have one laundry basket in there for my husband’s clothes, and I have a bin in there for the boys’ socks. Go ahead and set your timer for 15 minutes. You can do this!
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Check around for homeschool groups if you do not belong to one.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour