In your home and homeschool
Today, let’s spend 15 minutes moving the living room furniture and vacuuming or sweeping under it. Since it’s a new season, think about arranging your furniture differently since you are moving it around anyway. My grandmother used to love to move furniture when she did her detail cleaning. If you were home when she did it, she enlisted your help. (smile) If you weren’t home, you always had to be aware that the furniture might not be in the same place as it was when you left the house. My grandfather learned this early in the marriage, and when they were in the military, he learned to turn on lights if he came home after dark. Don’t move the furniture alone. Have someone help you.
Zone Mission: Vacuum or sweep under the living room furniture.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: Check out your local library to get details for the summer reading program.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
Family Fun: Take your children for a walk.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: