In your home and homeschool
Hello! After the Holiday weekend, it’s time to get back to our normal routines. Today let’s move the living room furniture and sweep or vacuum under it. This is when I find things that have disappeared sometime during the month. Things fall and get knocked under the furniture. Since I have four boys at home, many times I find Legos or Match Box cars under the living room furniture. We have a physics set from Hot Wheels, and that has led to many “finds” when we move the furniture around in the living room. This is a mission that you should ask for someone to help you move the furniture. Don’t do this alone.
Zone Mission: Move the Living Room furniture and vacuum or sweep under it.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: Check out your local library to get details for the summer reading program.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
Family Fun: Take your children for a walk.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: