Today, we are going to work in the master closet for 15 minutes. Have a basket or bag handy to put items to give away. Since we are near the season change, look closely at your winter clothes. Are there things there that you did not wear this winter or last winter? Put it in your Give Away bag. Do you have clothes that do not fit? Pull them out for the Give Away bag. I do this monthly, and I still get rid of things each month. Of course, I get rid of the most stuff at the season change. Do the same thing in your children’s closet. You can ask your husband to spend five minutes handing you things for your Give Away bag. I bagged up two black bags to give away this month. If you keep your closet thinned down, it is much easier to put away laundry. We all have too many clothes in our homes. Let’s work at bringing that amount down.
Zone Mission: Declutter your master closet and work with your children and husband on their closets, too.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: How’s the weather where you are? Add some weather tracking to your school day for the rest of the month. Track high temperature and low temperature. Track precipitation. Track the sunrise and sunset.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour