Today we are going to tackle the flat surfaces in our living rooms or family rooms. Clear off one flat surface at a time. Dust it well and out the items back with care. Only put back what you enjoy seeing. Get rid of the clutter. The flat surfaces in our homes seem to catch things. Let’s take charge of that and get rid of the clutter that is weighing us down. Use a timer and work for 15 minutes on your flat surfaces in your living room. If you don’t get them all done today, you can do this again later in the week. I want you to keep in mind that these zone missions are meant to go quickly. Just keep sticking with it. It will get easier over time.
Zone Mission: Detail dust the flat surfaces in your living room or family room.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
School: How’s the weather where you are? Add some weather tracking to your school day for the rest of the month. Track high temperature and low temperature. Track precipitation. If it snows where you live, do some science experiments with snow. Make learning fun!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour