In your home and homeschool
How is your Master Bedroom looking? I know you have some big areas to do in your Master Bedroom, but I want you to remember that we will work in here every month. If you don’t get finished this week, we will be back to detail cleaning in it again next month. You can also work on establishing a 5-minute daily declutter mission in your daily routine. Today, we are going to work on our dresser. (For some that be a chest of drawers.) Regardless, we are going to work on decluttering the top of the dresser and giving it a good dusting. Then, we are going to check the drawers. This is not the time to dump the drawers. We are not spending an hour on this. This is a 15-minute mission. Open each drawer. Take out anything that you see that you do not wear or use. Either add it to your box to donate or trash it. I want you to be able to open each drawer easily and see what is in it. Spend 2 to 3 minutes per drawer and move on. If it is really bad, you can revisit this mission tomorrow, too. By having drawers that are not stuffed to the brim, you can quickly and easily put away laundry. You can also find what you are looking for quicker. My goal with these missions is to help you have peace in your home. Having a cluttered bedroom is not peaceful. If you have children at home, you need to help them check their dresser drawers, too.
Zone Mission – Declutter your dresser or chest of drawers in your bedroom.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Look at your bookshelves. Do you need to do some reorganizing or purging?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: