For Parents and Educators of Children with Special Needs
Parenting and teaching children with special needs is near and dear to my heart. I have children who would be classified as exceptional learners in a traditional school setting. Through homeschooling, I am able to tailor their education to their strengths and work on their weaker areas. I have learned as much or more than my children because of the different methods I have used with them. Last month, I was asked to participate in a Special Needs Summit. I recorded my portion of the event this week, and I share about using The FlyLady system in my home to help my children. All children need a clutter-free home. This gives them peace and security. It is especially important for children with exceptional needs to have a home that is clutter-free and has order and not chaos. Children also thrive on routine. I share about using Zones to teach your children how to clean their room.
You can sign up to attend this online conference at my link – http://www.jlewis.ca/fox/learning
You don’t have to leave your house to listen to the conference. It is a free online event. Register for your spot at http://www.jlewis.ca/fox/learning.
This online event will be running January 4th to 14th, 2016. It’s a great way to jump start the new year with some new parenting ideas and techniques.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the amazing experts!
- Tami Fox from The FlyLady- Organization Tips and Strategies
- Bonnie Terry- Strategies For Dyslexia
- Jeff Copper- What My Mom Did Right: A Success Story
- Michelle Barone- Unschooling: An Alternative to Traditional School-Based Education
- Dr. Mark Bertin- Mindfulness and Learning Disabilities
- Margaret Ashley- Life Skills, Neuroscience and Learning
- Laurie Dupar- Pre-teen And Adolescent ADHD
- David Giwerc- ADHD And Neurodiversity
- Shirley Plant- Nutrition And Easy Meal Prep
- Carla Atherton- Moms’ Self-Care
- Caroline Maguire- Executive Function And Social Skills
- Diane Dempster and Elaine Taylor-Klaus- Parenting Styles and Behaviour Management
- Nicole Olsen: Setting Up Your Unschooling Classroom
- Nicky Stansbury: Stress Management
- Eliane Sainte-Marie- Positive parenting that works, heals, and changes the world
Sign up today – http://www.jlewis.ca/fox/learning