Throughout this year a word has popped up in many places for me. The word is “joy.” There are many ways to have joy in your life. There are days when joy is not your first reaction. This time of year finds many people who seem to have lost their joy. As you are out driving or shopping, I am sure you have seen a few of these people. These are the people who need you to share joy with them. Smile and wish them a Merry Christmas if possible. Remind your children to smile and wish people they encounter a Merry Christmas, too. You and your children might be the only pleasant people they will speak to that day. Many times the most gruff looking people are the people who hurt the most on the inside. Spreading a joyful spirit this time of year will bless you as much as it blesses others. I am currently writing a devotional book about joy that I started in the spring.
Living abundantly with love. Live joyfully.
Zone Mission – Main Bathroom – Wipe down the fixtures and baseboards. If this does not take long, do a quick room rescue in another room in your home.
Holiday Mission – If you made cookies for someone yesterday, deliver them today while you are out running errands.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
School: Is your paperwork caught up? Do you need to update lesson plans or attendance sheets?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour