What do you see in your mind’s eye when you read the phrase, “Mighty Monday.” I want you to have a Mighty Monday by getting ready for the week today. Christmas is less than two weeks away. We also have homes that need attention. Husbands and children who need attention. So today I want you to be a Mighty Mom. Make a short list of no more than 6 things that you need to do today. Number them. Write the numbers 1-6 on 6 pieces of paper. Put them in a bowl and draw a number one at a time. Use your timer for each task. Keep it under 15 minutes at a time. If it’s a project with several steps, allow for that, too. As you check these off your list, you will feel like a Mighty Mom. I know you can do this! I want you to have less stress next week leading into Christmas, so try to hit those Zone and Holiday Missions each day this week.
Monday – Deep Clean the Tub/Shower
Tuesday – Declutter counter tops/drawers/under cabinets in Main Bathroom
Wednesday – Wipe fixtures and Baseboards in Main Bathroom
Thursday – Do a 15-minute Room Rescue in the Room of Your Choice
Friday – Do a 15-minute Room Rescue in the Room of Your Choice
Monday – Put out your Holiday towels and candles in the Main Bathroom
Tuesday – Bake Cookies for Someone
Wednesday – Make your New Year’s Eve Menu; Deliver the cookies that you made
Thursday – Add items to your shopping list for items needed for Christmas Meal Table Service
Friday – Add any other food items you need for Christmas to your shopping list
If you have not downloaded my Holiday e-book, it is not too late. You can still use the full calendar plans for January.
It has helpful pages for you to do your menu planning, grocery lists, gift lists, and a daily calendar for January. I will also put the daily tips in my newsletter and on the blog. The e-book will just help you see the whole picture and give you forms to use.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- Do you have some hands-on activities planned for the week? Look for a Thanksgiving Unit Study to work on this month.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour