Let’s purpose today to have a Merry Monday. Our attitude is easily shared within our homes. If we have a poor attitude, it spreads to our family. If we are merry and happy, our family can mirror this. We are in a busy season of the year, and it is easy to let our attitude to be less than pleasant to others. Many times our family sees these moments, and no one else does. If we purpose to have a happy and merry attitude for those we love, isn’t that better than just being pleasant for others. I want my children to look back and remember that I enjoyed being their mom. I want them to remember that I had fun with them and laughed with them. I don’t want their memories to be of a stressed-out, grumpy mom. Mothering matters to our children. Let’s make the effort to enjoy the moments with them.
Here are your Zone Missions for the week for Zone 2 – The Kitchen:
Monday – Clear your kitchen Hot Spots
Tuesday – Detail wipe your counters
Wednesday – Get out your Christmas China
Thursday – Do a 15-minute Room Rescue
Friday – Clean the microwave or your oven
Monday – Put out your Holiday towels and candles
Tuesday – Set up a display for your Christmas cards
Wednesday – Work on Christmas Menu and Check the Pantry
Thursday – Read a Christmas book
Friday – Add items you need for Holiday baking to your grocery list
If you have not downloaded my Holiday e-book, it is not too late. You can still use the full calendar plans for December and January.
It has helpful pages for you to do your menu planning, grocery lists, gift lists, and a daily calendar for the rest of November, December, and January. I will also put the daily tips in my newsletter and on the blog. The e-book will just help you see the whole picture and give you forms to use.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- Do you have some hands-on activities planned for the week? Look for a Thanksgiving Unit Study to work on this month.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour