How are you doing with maintaining your house while getting ready for the Holidays and doing school? One thing that I have done over the years is to purposefully schedule a lighter school schedule in December. I do this by starting school early in August. I also pick fun learning activities that go along with Christmas. We have done community service projects in December. It can be done any way you want to do it. One year my grandfather got sick and passed away between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That year, we took a 6 week break from school. It worked out with our schedule because I had started early, and we took the time we needed in the spring to finish the year. It was a hard year, but we did not lose any ground academically. Don’t stress yourself with an unrealistic schedule. Give yourself and your family mercy and grace. Find the peace of the Christmas season.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have you done some hands on learning with your children this week? Plan something for tomorrow! Make tomorrow a Fun Friday for school!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour