Today let’s get our front porch spruced up for Christmas. We can sweep the porch, take down the fall decorations, and put out the Christmas decorations today. This is not a big task. If you have several Christmas decorations that you want to put out, spread it out over the week, or ask for help. Decorating for Christmas should be fun, and I don’t want you to stress out about making it perfect. If you are not up to putting out a lot of decorations on the porch this year, that is ok, too. Sometimes we get so caught up in follow traditions that we lose our joy in doing them. If decorating your porch does not bring you joy, then consider not doing it. We live so far out in the woods that no one sees our front porch except for us. So we don’t decorate the porch. I do work on sprucing it up monthly and sweep it a couple of times a month. This works well for us, and it is one way that I keep from stressing out with decorating everything. We have been working on our tree for a week. The boys put it up for me, and we are working slowly on adding decorations. It’s fun to enjoy looking at the ornaments that we have collected over the years.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
School: Is your paperwork caught up? Do you need to update lesson plans or attendance sheets?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour