Today let’s detail clean and decorate our entry way. This is the first area people see when they enter your home. Make it warm and inviting. Get rid of unnecessary clutter. If you put out a Christmas wreath on your front door, do that today, too. Play some Christmas music while you are working today. It will make your tasks fun.
How are you doing with your school planning now that we are getting close to the end of the first half of the school year? Do you need to buy additional books? Some children move along faster with certain subjects, so check to see how they are progressing. Have you kept up with your attendance paperwork and lesson plans? Don’t fizzle out now. Have a strong finish to the first half of your year.
Zone Mission: Entry Way – Decutter and Decorate
Holiday Mission: Decorate your entry way and front door. Pick out a Christmas movie to watch as a family tonight.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour