As you have been getting ready for the Holidays, I have given you missions to help you with the various zones in your home. This is to help you get your home decluttered, so you don’t have as much to clean. It will also help you when unexpected (or even expected) company arrives for you to have your rooms decluttered. All of this is to give you more peace in your life and reduce your stress. This week, we are working in the main bathroom and one extra room. You can do this however you want to do it, but I do want you to take 15 minutes to declutter the counters and drawers in your main bathroom. If you have cabinets, open them and pull out anything you don’t need. If you need to declutter in another room in your house to get ready for Thanksgiving or Christmas, set the timer for an additional 15 minutes and have a 27-Fling Boogie. Find 27 things you can throw away, put away, and keep. Make it a quick game!
Zone Mission: Tuesday – Work on your bathroom counters and drawers. Declutter in one other room if needed.
Holiday Mission: Work on your Christmas cards. Set your children up with a Christmas craft. If you don’t have an idea for them. How about giving them paper and markers and let them make a few Christmas cards for special people in your life?
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour