Are you thinking about Thanksgiving yet? It’s just around the corner. Spend some time today planning your Thanksgiving celebration. If you celebrate it with family, reach out to them with an invitation. Work on your menu. Start picking up ingredients with your regular weekly grocery shopping, so you are not spending a lot of money at once the week of Thanksgiving. Watch for sales on the food items you need. Stores put turkeys on sale this time of year. Get yours early and save money and avoid the shopping rush the week of Thanksgiving.
Download my Daily Missions e-book to help you get ready for the Holidays. Subscribe to my newsletter to get it now. Holiday Missions started on November 1.
Zone Mission: Detail clean your entryway and decorate for Fall. Put Fall flowers on your dining room table.
Holiday Mission: Work on your menu plan for Thanksgiving. Order your pictures for your Christmas cards.
If you need more help with organizing your home and homeschool, you can download The FlyLady’s Homeschool Teacher and Homeschool Student Control Journals for free.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Are you taking time to enjoy the fall weather as a part of your school day? Take some books outside and enjoy doing some school work outside today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour