Do you use the power of 15 minutes in your day? Many times, we find ourselves frozen in inaction because we have so many things to do in a day. We get distracted. We do the things we like to do first. We ignore the “elephant” in the room. It looks too big to do that certain task. So you avoid it. Today, I want you to set a timer for 15 minutes and tackle that “elephant” in the room. You might surprise yourself with how fast you get that avoided task done. If you don’t finish the task, walk away from it. You can always go back later and spend 15 more minutes on it. I find it fun to try to beat the timer, especially when it is a task that is not enjoyable.
Pre-cooked Ground Beef
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can Whole Kernel Corn
1 can Tomatoes and Chilis
Taco Seasoning (to taste)
Combine ingredients in a pot. Add water if needed to make a soup. Warm until hot.
Serve with cornbread or corn chips. Shredded Cheese. Sour Cream.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have you done some hands on learning with your children this week? Plan something for tomorrow! Make tomorrow a Fun Friday for school!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour