Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a wonderful week. It’s been a beautiful week for me. After talking to several friends about the benefits of drinking water, I thought I should write about it, too. Several years ago I switched primarily to drinking water throughout the day. I do start off my morning with a large cup of coffee, but I switch to water and drink about 80 ounces of water a day. I try to get most of that in before 4:00 pm. It works better if I just sip water after 4:00, so I get a good night’s sleep. I use The FlyLady’s refillable water bottle to help keep track of the ounces I drink. There are so many health benefits to drinking water — from better memory and more energy to purifying your body of toxins. Nothing really can replace water in health benefits. It’s also an economical choice for our family. I buy very few sodas and fruit juices. The boys have water in between meals. They drink milk at meals. Starting today replace some of your drinks with water and see if you can slowly work your water consumption up. In honor of Thirsty Thursday, go fix a glass of water.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have you done some hands on learning with your children this week? Plan something for tomorrow!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour