You know with a title like, “Wipe Down Wednesday,” we are going to wipe down something in our homes. Since we are in the bathroom, can you guess where we are going to wipe something down? Today we are going to wipe around the outside of our toilets and behind them. That is an area that is often neglected in our bathroom maintenance. For Zone cleaning in another room, hit a Hot Spot and put things away that have piled up.
This year has been a fun school year for us. Our country studies have taken us to some interesting countries virtually, and cooking meals to represent the countries has implanted memories in my children’s minds that will always be there. You can do this on a small scale by learning a little bit about a country and having one meal a week to represent that country. What I have discovered is that much of my cultural cooking has a similar base of ingredients. What sets it apart is the preparation and the seasonings. I do have a picky eater, and he is being shown many different kinds of foods this year.
Today is anti-procrastination day. What are you putting off? Don’t put it off any more.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
School: What is your favorite subject to teach? My favorite subject to teach is history. I would have never guessed that when I was a child. History was dry and boring. By studying the way we study with hands-on experiences and reading lots of historical books and biographies, I have fallen in love with history. I think it is a favorite subject of many of my children, too.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour