Today we are going to work on the top shelf of our kitchen cabinets. You know that place where you put things and rarely (if ever) use them. Open one of your cabinets and pull the items from the top shelf. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to purge. Wipe down the shelf and put the items back that you want to keep. If necessary, wash them before you put them back. Do this for all of your kitchen cabinets, but don’t spend hours doing this. Try to keep it to 15 to 30 minutes. If you don’t get to all of them within 30 minutes, put this on your calendar to do again tomorrow.
Today is anti-procrastination day. What are you putting off? Don’t put it off any more.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Have you been reading to your children? If not, pick up a chapter book at the library and spend some time reading to them every day.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour