The FlyLady launched a new area on her website this week for Homeschoolers. She has also started a new email list that will have topics of interest for homeschoolers. You can sign up for her emails here: http://www.flylady.net/d/flylady-resource-library-for-homeschooler/ . What I think will also interest you is that you can also download a copy of the Homeschool Teacher’s Control Journal and Student Control Journal for free. If you have been wanting to use this resource and not able to purchase the print versions, you can download it and print it yourself. This is a wonderful resource for you. I hope you take advantage of this offer now.
Our school week has been great as well. We have learned about South Korea. We also studied the following topics:
- Map (globe, map, Google Earth view)
- Alphabet & Numbers (Thank you, YouTube!)
- Talked about the economics of Korea (We recognized the names of a lot of manufacturers.)
- Talked about North Korea and South Korea and the Korean War
- Cooked and served three Korean-inspired meals
We have enjoyed our cultural studies this year. Next week, we will be studying countries in Europe and will start in France. I will be working up our menu plan tomorrow. I think it is going to be hard to decide.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Time for FUN FRIDAY!
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Entryway – Freshen up the entry into your home and put out some fall decor
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour