Did you notice that I made up a word for today’s subject line? That is how I feel about my life right now. Several friends and family members are going through some tough trials, and I spent a lot of time praying for them this week. I have also been giving thanks for my many blessings and my good health. I am also very happy with the various small projects I have done around my home this week. When you declutter and make things look nice in your home, it naturally makes you feel happy. My house is NOT perfect. We live in it. We have things that we use all the time that other people might call clutter. If I use it daily, I don’t consider it clutter if it is on my counter.
Our school week has been great as well. We have learned about Israel, and we have enjoyed discussing the economics and politics of modern-day Israel. We also studied the following topics:
- Map (globe, ancient map, modern map, Google Earth view)
- Demographics (Did you know 97% of Israeli’s are literate?)
- Language (Arabic and Hebrew)
- Flag (Talked about the significance of the Star of David)
- Alphabet (Thank you, YouTube!)
- Discussed Rosh Hoshanna and had dishes that are served during the celebration
- Read about the Wailing Wall (Compared it to Solomon’s Temple, talked about destruction of the Temple, looked at current views of the Temple site, and talked about the Dome of the Rock)
- Looked at maps that indicated the land for the 12 Tribes of Israel
- Talked about the economics of modern Israel (imports, exports, and currency)
- Talked about the 10 most popular tourist sites (watched videos on YouTube)
- Listened to Israeli music on YouTube
What I enjoyed most were our discussions about what happened after Bible times and into modern times. Most of our church teaching centers around just the Biblical history, but I think it is important to know the rest of the story leading to current times. We talked lightly about World War II mainly because we have studied it in depth previously.
Next week, we will be studying Japan.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- It’s Friday! Do something fun with your children today.Use Friday as a reward day for a good school week. If you have not done this before, consider it for next week. Give them the goal of what you would like them to accomplish with school next week, and if they meet the goal, then reward them with a fun activity.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Bathroom and one extra room – I accomplished all of my little projects in my master bathroom this week. The boys took care of their bathroom, so today, I am going to focus in another room in my house that needs some attention. I am going to work with the boys to do a 15 minute dash in their bedroom/closet.
Family Fun: Play a game with your children today.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour