What do you need to tackle today? We move to Zone 1 – The Front Porch, Entry Way, and Dining Room today. I have some things I need to tackle in these areas the rest of this week. I want my front porch and entry way to be inviting and welcoming. Somehow, it is the area that gets the least amount of attention.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Look over your lesson plans. Have you planned too much stuff for your children? Or possibly, do you need to add more? I find that once we start school, I have a reality check where I add or remove things from our plans that are not working. Even after 15 years of homeschooling, I still find books that don’t work for us for one reason or another.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Zone Focus: Zone 1 – Front Porch, Entry Way, Dining Room – Check the flower beds and flower pots around your front porch. Toss dead stuff, and add some fall plants to your list for your errand day.
Family Fun: Take your children for a walk.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at the Launch Pad that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour