In your home and homeschool
Make It Happen Monday
How are you doing with your routines on a daily basis? Are you doing the Weekly Home Blessing Hour in 70 minutes or less each week? If you are having difficulties establishing your routines, I want to encourage you to take small steps and move forward. If doing the Weekly Home Blessing Hour is too much to do on one day, split it up over the week. Whatever is holding you back, find a way to make getting organized happen in your home. It is much easier for me to care for my home because I have decluttered with the boys on a regular basis. We have less cleaning and maintenance because we have less stuff. It’s very freeing to declutter. Last week my husband bought our first new-to-us bed. While setting it up, one of our sons moved our old bed to his room, and his brother moved that bed to HIS room. So we essentially set up three beds in three bedrooms simultaneously. This would have been a much harder process if we had a lot of clutter in our rooms and under our beds. While we did some minor decluttering, the main thing we did was sweep and mop where the beds were located before setting up the new beds. I had extra clean sheets on hand, so we all had fresh sheets that night, too. Decluttering and cleaning in small steps works. You can Make It Happen!
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
Weekly Home Blessing Hour:
(Even during the school year, I do the Weekly Home Blessing Hour on Monday mornings with my children.)
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- If you haven’t started school, do you have your plans and schedule ready? We are on week 5 of our new school year. Things are settling in for us. We are starting a new unit study on learning about the countries around the world.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Living Room – When you are doing your Weekly Home Blessing Hour today, take a few extra minutes to dust all of the light fixtures and baseboards in the living room.
Family Fun: Plan a water activity.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: