In your home and homeschool
Wholehearted Wednesday. What exactly does that mean?
From a homeschool mom perspective, I teach my children in a way that is fun and gives them joy to learn. I teach in a way that reaches their heart. We do volunteer things and things for family members that I call “heart lessons.” Sometimes we need the heart lessons more than the book lessons.
From the parent aspect, I try to parent in a way that teaches and disciplines without causing a root of bitterness in the heart of my children. I also work with them on their inter-personal skills with their siblings. I want them to grow up loving each other. No matter what we are learning about, I want my children to love their family and love life. When the hard times come around, the love that I have instilled deep inside of them will be there. Most importantly, I want the love of God to fill their hearts.
Grocery Shopping and Errand Day – Take your list, pack snacks, and water bottles.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Put away any school supplies that you purchase today while you are out running errands.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Bathroom – purge any outdated medications from your medicine cabinet. Replace any that you need to keep on hand.
- Errand day: Make your plan for grocery shopping and errands. Pack water bottles and snacks for everyone. Pack up your library books that need to be turned in.
Family Fun: Plan a fun activity while you are out.
When you get home from doing errands, have everyone work together to unload and put away everything.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour