Do you like my daily alliterations for the days of the week? I have had fun picking them out. Today I picked the word “Freedom.” We are blessed to have the freedom to homeschool our children. This was not always the case. We are free to choose curriculum. In the 1980’s when the homeschool movement took root, there were not many choices of curriculum. Today, we have more choices than we can even consider. With technology, our children can participate in online classes, use apps for learning, and many more different modes of learning besides books. We have freedom to choose our school days and the time we have for educational pursuits. We have so many freedoms. Don’t take them for granted.
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Enjoy the freedom you have to homeschool with your children today.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Front Porch: Sweep and wash the front porch. Wash the windows. Clean the outside of the front door.Throw out anything that you do not need on the front porch.
Family Fun: Have a water balloon fight or water wars with your children today.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour