You can make a difference in the lives of your family members every single day. Today I want you to be purposeful with how you spend your time. Be thankful for all of your blessings today. As you go about your day doing your Weekly Home Blessings, review in your mind the things you are thankful for. Ask your children what they are thankful for. Talk about thankfulness and blessings around the dinner table tonight.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
Weekly Home Blessing Hour:
(Even during the school year, I do the Weekly Home Blessing Hour on Monday mornings with my children.)
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- This week we are starting on some of our school subjects. Are you ready to start school?
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Living Room – When you are dusting during the Weekly Home Blessing Hour, go ahead and dust the ceiling fan, baseboards, and around the top of the walls at the ceiling.
Family Fun: Plan a water activity. We went to the free splash park last week.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour