Welcome to the first Monday of August! I am excited with the plans I have been working on for our school year. I have an 11th grader, 9th grader, 7th grader, and 4th grader this year. I will teach some subjects together unit study style, and each boy will have independent work based on grade level. All four of them use DVD’s with their math lessons, and I follow up with each of them daily to see if they understand the concepts.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
Weekly Home Blessing Hour:
You will spend 10 minutes or less on each activity.
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- Pick a book to read out loud to your children this week. Start slow with adding in some routines for school.
- Do any other organization things you need to do for your school year.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Entrance, Front Porch, DIning Room – When you are dusting during the Weekly Home Blessing Hour, detail dust your entryway and dining room.
Family Fun: Plan a water activity.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour