Welcome to the last day of July! The past two months have flown by since I started writing this series. Today, I was looking at the boys’ new books for the school year. We will be starting our school year slowly over the next two weeks. I like to introduce their new books to them over the course of a few weeks.
Since I don’t have full-time, paid help, I will do some pre-planning to help me through the start of school. I need to decide on our menu for the first few weeks of school, so I will have time do make some freezer meals like I did earlier in the summer. I will pick some easy meals, too. The boys can also help more with meal prep and cooking, too. By using the crock pot this summer, they have not helped as much in the kitchen as usual. What are some things you can pre-plan before you start your school year?
Also remember that you can purchase my book and the Homeschool Teacher Control Journal and Student Control Journal now. You will have access to several forms and helps for you to organize your home and homeschool.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Look through the new books you have for the school year.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: This is the last day this month that we will focus on the Living Room. Today I want you to move the furniture and clean under it. Have your children help you if they are big enough to help move the furniture.
Family Fun: Do something fun today with your children. Is there something they have wanted to do all summer, and you just have not done it it? Don’t forget that tomorrow is Family Fun Day. Ask your husband what he would like to do for Family Fun Day.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour