Getting Organized this Summer:
In your home and homeschool
Let’s DIVE IN today! I am starting to get excited about the start of the school year. I hope you and your children are, too. Today, let’s DIVE IN and DO something that needs to be done to get our school year off on the right foot. Do you need to make copies? Organize pencil boxes? Throw out old markers? You just got my top 3 list of things I needed to do to get my school year started off smoothly. I did those three things today. I am challenging you to do your top 3 things to get ready for your school year.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Do you top 3 things to get ready for your school year.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Living Room. Today I want you to challenge one of your children to go SOFA DIVING. This means to pull off the cushions and clean out the stuff that fell down in the sofa. Their reward can be to keep any money they find. I have one child in particular who loves to do this each month. While he was sofa diving today, I changed the air filters for our Air Conditioning unit with another one of my boys. We double teamed the Living Room!
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Put things at your launch pad
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Please like & share: