Getting Organized this Summer:
In your home and homeschool
Is there one project you have been avoiding all summer? Maybe you have been avoiding it longer than that. So today, I want you to TACKLE IT! Yes. Take a deep breath. And DO IT!
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Toss the science experiments.
- Check out the sales loss leaders for school supplies. Make a list since you will be out doing your grocery shopping tomorrow.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Write up a menu plan for the next 7 days. Check your pantry and freezer and make a grocery list. This habit will save you time and money. Try out some new recipes with the slow cooker. It will save you time once you start back to your school schedule.
- Zone Focus: Living Room – Clean off the flat surfaces in your living room today. Set the timer and spend a quick 15 minutes or less doing this.
Family Fun: Do something you have been thinking about doing for fun today. Doesn’t matter if it is something at home or if you go somewhere. Surprise your children.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Decide on a place in your house where you can put things for the next day. The FlyLady calls this your Launch Pad. It is usually close to your main entry of the house. You are going to use this every night.
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
Last week, I found this resource for Classical or Charlotte Mason homeschoolers. It is a free resource library. Check it out.
Please like & share: