As we move into August at the end of this week, I will start transitioning to a school schedule along with tips on keeping your house cared for during the school year. I have been sending out recipes a couple of times a week. I plan on continuing that as well. If you have questions about caring for your home or homeschooling, you can email me at Tami@TamiFox.com.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
Weekly Home Blessing Hour:
(Even during the school year, I do the Weekly Home Blessing Hour on Monday mornings with my children.)
You will spend 10 minutes or less on each activity. The one that takes the longest is washing and drying the sheets. If you have a large family, you may have to assign each person a day of the week to wash bedding. Also, you will save time if you have a second set of sheets for each bed. When you strip off the sheets to wash, you put the second set on the bed immediately.
In my book, Giving Your Children Wings, I write about how my weekly schedule works. If you want to have something in writing to help you organize your home and homeschool, I have a homeschool package deal for you on my website.
- Quick Dust
- Purge Magazines or Paper Clutter
- Change Bedding
- Empty Trash
- Clean Windows/Mirrors
- This week make some plans to celebrate the first day of school with your children. There are lots of things you can do from taking pictures to going out to breakfast to having a scavenger hunt.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: Living Room – When you are dusting during the Weekly Home Blessing Hour, go ahead and dust the ceiling fan, baseboards, and around the top of the walls at the ceiling.
Family Fun: Plan a water activity. We went to the free splash park last week.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Lay anything out that you will need first thing in the morning
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour