Welcome to Day 1 of Week 6. Just jump in where you are. If you cannot get all of these tasks worked into your schedule, just pick a few things to do. I hope you are encouraged and seeing some small changes to your habits. If you have not been following the blog this summer, I have organized all of the posts on one page. Just start small. It is ok if you start on week 1 day 1. I have tasks set up to help you build routines in your home and get ready for your homeschool year.
Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School Assignment
- Make Your Bed (Do this as soon as you get up.)
- Get Dressed Down to Your Shoes
- Swish and Swipe
- Start Your Laundry
- Decide on Dinner
- Check Your Calendar
- Start the Day off with a Shiny Sink. Don’t leave the breakfast dishes sitting.
- Start a list of field trips that you want to take this year.
- Eat Lunch
- Clear off One Hot Spot
- Reboot the Laundry
- Declutter for 15 Minutes (Be sure to have your children declutter, too.)
- Drink Your Water
- Zone Focus: We are in the kitchen this week. Take a look at your kitchen counters. Let’s work on decluttering them this week. Look at each item on your counters. Do you use them daily? If you aren’t using them daily, then find a storage place for them and get them out when you need them. I use my microwave, coffee pot, waffle iron, and crock pot every day. I keep these items out. I do not use my big mixer or electric skillet every day, so I have them stored in a cabinet. They are items I use frequently, but I do not use them daily. Set your timer for 15 minutes and declutter.
Family Fun: Plan a water activity.
Before Bed: (This starts right after dinner.)
- Check the Calendar for Tomorrow
- Lay out Your Clothes for Tomorrow (Have your children lay their clothes out, too.)
- Decide on a place in your house where you can put things for the next day. The FlyLady calls this your Launch Pad. It is usually close to your main entry of the house. You are going to use this every night.
- Shine Your Sink
- Clean Off a Hot Spot
- Go to Bed at Decent Hour
I will also send out a short email with these each morning. If you want to subscribe to my newsletter, you can do that over to the right on the blog.