Establishing habits takes time. One of my goals with this summer series was to help you establish habits before you start your school year gets rolling in the fall. By breaking down your school planning, you are not going to burn out the week before you start school with organizing and planning. If you are looking for a great program to use for planning and tracking your school year, please take a look at Homeschool Manager. My friend, Elizabeth Bennett is one of the owners. She understands the needs of a homeschool mom. She grew up going to homeschool conventions across the country, and she is now a homeschool mom.
Tuesday – Set your timer for 15 minutes for the Home Assignment and 15 minutes for the School assignment
- Make your bed when you get up.
- Brush your teeth and get dressed to the shoes.
- Swish and swipe the bathroom.
- Fill your water bottle.
- Have a 2 minute Hot Spot Fire Drill.
- Start a load of laundry.
- Pamper yourself for 15 minutes.
- Purge paper for 2 minutes.
- Start a new menu plan and grocery list. (You are going grocery shopping on Wednesday.)
School: Purge your craft supplies and start a list of craft supplies you will need for the new school year.
Family Fun: Plan a fun water activity at home or go somewhere.
Remember that rewarding your children for completing tasks is a big part of motivating to learn things around the house. Everyone in the house should have a habit of cleaning up behind themselves throughout the day.